A pilot project on Olive cultivation was conceived after the visit of a team of farmers and agriculture experts to Israel to study technical feasibility and economic viability of the Olive cultivation in Rajasthan in 2006. After studying and reviewing the recommendations of the expert teams, the Government of Rajasthan decided to promote the Olive cultivation under public-private partnership in the state.
Rajasthan Olive Cultivation Limited (ROCL): ROCL was incorporated on 19.4.2007 under the Company Act, 1956. The company was constituted in collaboration with the Government of Rajasthan through Rajasthan State Agriculture Marketing Board, M/s Plastro Plasson Industries (India) Limited now M/s Finolex Plasson Industries (India) Limited, Pune & M/s Indolive Limited of Israel. At present Rajasthan State Agriculture Marketing Board & M/s Finolex Plasson Industries (India) Limited are having equal share holding.
The present Board of Directors is as under:
- Mr. Dinesh Kumar, Principal Secretary Agriculture, Rajasthan, Jaipur – Chairman.
- Dr. Om Prakash, Commissioner Agriculture, Rajasthan, Jaipur – Managing Director
- Mr. Abhimanyu Kumar, Commissioner Horticulture, Rajasthan, Jaipur
- Mr. Sohan Lal Sharma, Administrator, Rajasthan Agriculture Marketing Board, Rajasthan, Jaipur.
- Ms. Ashu Choudhary, General Manager, Rajasthan Agriculture Marketing Board, Rajasthan, Jaipur.
- Mr. Surinder Singh Shekhawat, Chief Operation Officer, Rajasthan Olive Cultivation Limited, Jaipur
Location of Farms:
Company is undertaking Olive plantation on 182 Hectares on following Government farms in different agro-climatic regions of the Rajasthan state.
|Name of Farm||District||Area in Hactare|