Olive Cultivar – CORATINA
Origin Italy ; Purpose: Oil
- The Tree – Coratina is one of the most important Italian varieties, having the largest olive growing area of Italy. This variety adapts very well to different growing environments and conditions.
- The Fruit – The fruit is large and oval with no nipple and many small lenticels. The fruit ripens evenly and late in the season. In some years it is also suitable for green table olives.
- The Oil — Coratina produces very high quality oil with high levels of polyphenols making it very stable.
- Agronomic Characteristics— Coratina comes into bearing very early and productivity is high and constant. This variety has shown some susceptibility to sooty mould. Coratina is tolerant of cold and in some areas of its native Italy it is planted as a pollinator; however Coratina should be planted with other varieties for cross-pollination.
- Comments —This variety will be extremely useful for groves wanting to lengthen their harvesting period as it ripens latter than just about all other varieties